Monday, December 11, 2006

Fun with travel!

So I’ve been flying a lot lately, but I’ve been fighting the power and checking my bag so I don’t have to play their silly 3-1-1 plastic-bag-with-3-oz-liquid-containers game. Yes, I’ve been severely inconveniencing myself for a pointless principle. But no longer!! This morning I missed the baggage cut-off so was put on a standby flight 2 hrs later… even though I got to the gate with 15 mins left to board. Yargh!!!

So this week I will be creating a travel pack of liquid toiletries, so I can do my part to support the TSA’s pointless security procedures, and avoid checking my bag. L At first I thought I could only take 3 of those containers, and I was like: hmmmm…. Which 3? Shampoo, face soap, and lube? Hahahaha. But it turns out you can take as many as fit in a 1-qt bag. So that means all my lotions and conditioners can come, too! Yay! Hahahahaaha.

Ahhhh… fun with travel. I might also be selling out and getting a rollerboard. :( My bags are too uncomfortable to do as shoulder bags, so I’ve been carrying one by hand slung over my back. But it’s got my accounting textbook, my running stuff, extra shoes… it’s a heavy muthah-fuckah. So in the interest of sparing my wrists some bizarre traveler’s carpal tunnel, it looks like I’ll be taking one more step towards becoming an Anderclone. :(

No comments: