Monday, March 10, 2008

Au revoir, Jean-Pierre.

I shaved off my facial hair last night. It was a really weird experience, and surprised me at how long it took, given how little I had to shave. And now my face looks all naked and exposed, and I look like I'm 19. [Well ok, I probably don't look that young, but I definitely look younger than I did with the hair.] I also seem to have lost the pseudo-jawline my facial hair gave me... I guess that means I have to actually start working out to get a real one. Boooo.

In the last few hrs I've realized how many tics I'd developed around the hair... I'd taken to tugging on the soul patch or the beard while thinking, for example. And thoughtfully stroking the beard to look like I was paying attention during conversation. And twirling the ends of the stache while laughing maniacally after tying a helpless maiden to train tracks.

Anyways, it's all gone now. I'm gonna ride out the summer and see how I feel, and probably bring it back randomly at some point. Good times.

2 comments:

Colin Drysdale said...

omg i didn't know you had ticks!

Anonymous said...

Hey...where are the photos??? I wanna see! I just can't picture it...

--KarolAnn