Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Little Drama

Oh.... man. This had me in tears. It's a short film from the movie True Love, which is itself a collection of short films that I watched tonight on Netflix.

Overall, True Love was way more depressing than it was romantic, but this short hit me hard, probably because it resonates with me so strongly. Starting in high school (and continuing to this day), I was the kid on the outskirts, watching the guys I crushed on from afar, but never believing love would happen to me. The AV boy gets a single look from the star, and he's overwhelmed, tears streaming down his cheeks... he pockets the playbill so he'll always have a connection to that magical night, and then...

I wasn't expecting to be moved so much by this, but it really hit me out of the blue. I'm sure the music had a lot to do with it, but yeah, I majorly identify with the AV boy. Wow.

No comments: