Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Easy registration with overseas embassies!

Wow, this is hot.  You know how you're supposed to register with the US Embassy at your overseas destination when you travel abroad?  Except you never do because who knows how to do that, and besides you're only there for a few weeks anyways and what could possible go wrong? 

Well.  As it turns out, the US State Dept has a super easy way to register online!  You actually create an account with a profile, and then update it with your trip info!  It's super easy... I just did the whole thing for my time here in Spain in like 5 minutes (did I mention I'm in Spain for the summer? no? well, more on that later then... maybe).  Totally easy, and next time I travel I can set up all the info in advance and be confident that the embassy knows where I am in case for some reason it needs to extract me.  =P

http://travelregistration.state.gov

Enjoy!!


No comments: