Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beer and Hotel Carpets

OK... interesting lesson I just learned. When I can't find a bottle opener, it's possible to open the bottle by placing the cap against the edge of a marble ledge, then slamming my hand down on the top. I mean, I knew that was theoretically possible, but since the only other time I'd ever done it was in Vegas when I was drunk on my 30th b-day wknd, I was skeptical it would work in normal spacetime. But it does.

However, the bottle immediately starts to spew head all over the place, but most specifically all over the hotel carpet. So be prepared to suck hard and fast (boy, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that...). The other interesting lesson I just learned is that despite the proliferance of beer suds all over said hotel carpet, by the time you pivot 180, grab a towel, and pivot back 180, the carpet's already healed and shows absolutely no sign of ever having been spilled on. Which really is scary when you stop to wonder what else this carpet's sucked up into its unplumbable depths that I'm stepping all over even as I type.

I keep saying I'm going to buy a blacklight to keep in my laptop bag so I can see just how nasty hotel rooms truly are. I think I'll put that in my Amazon wishlist right now.

No comments: