Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wheel of Time to continue

A few months ago I posted that one my my favorite authors, Robert Jordan, had passed away. He died of a rare blood disease called amyloidosis. He was in the process of writing the 12th and final book in his Wheel of Time series, called A Memory of Light.

Well, I just read on dragonmount.com that his wife and editor, Harriet Popham Rigney, has chosen an author to complete RJ's book. Brandon Sanderson is the man. I haven't read any of his novels, but I suppose now I should. RJ had completed his story arc long ago, but the actual execution of the outline was incomplete. So I expect that although the writing style may slightly differ, the content will remain true to RJ's vision.

I'm really glad that Harriet is keeping her hand in the final book... the bummer is that it won't be released until Fall 2009. But that should be plenty of time for Harriet and Brandon to align the book to RJ's vision and standards!

Yay!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: