Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jerry Falwell's dead

... and I can't be happier. I feel bad saying that, because despite how evil and fucked up he was, he was still a person with family and friends who loved him.

But seriously, let's not forget just HOW evil and fucked up he was. Check out what he said during an interview with Pat Robertson on the 700 Club, on September 13, 2001. They were talking about the 9-11 attacks that happened just 2 days earlier, when he said: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen.""

So yes... basically he said 9-11 was the liberals' fault. Damn gays and their alternative lifestyles... it's our fault Osama attacked!! .... Oy fucking vey. What a nutjob.

So yeah, I'm really happy to see this windbag leave us and face his judgment. I have no doubts that God will be rather harsh with him for spreading so much hate and discord in his time.

Edit: A great opinion piece on Falwell's legacy can be found here on salon.com, written by Alan Wolfe. I <3 salon.

No comments: