Thursday, June 28, 2007

d'oh... forgot about the tartare!

How could I forget... dinner last night in Toulon for me was beef tartare! I'd never had it before... so I figured I was due to try it. Turns out it's literally just a pile of ground beef with lots of random stuff on the side that you mix in to your taste. That stuff includes ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, capers... It's basically just an uncooked hamburger, sans bun. But as it turns out, all of those things plus worcestershire sauce and I forget what else make for an amazing pile of nasty goodness. Oh yeah... it comes with a raw egg, too. So I'm thinking it's the most efficient way for me to kill myself with a double-whammy of salmonilla and trichonosis. Or something like that. Anyways, it was really good.

Oh, and Ben gorged himself on the chocolate mousse we got for dessert. The guy had it all over his face, like he'd just planted his face directly in it. Which is actually exactly what he did. Yum!!

No comments: