Monday, September 22, 2008

Asian Extravaganza, Day 1.... or is it 2...?

So... now I'm in Singapore, sitting in the biz class lounge, biding my time for a couple of hours before the final leg of my journey to Dubai. I just showered.... oh what a glorious feeling...! I left home at 11pm on Sunday night, and it's now something like... what... 2am Tuesday back home? I have no idea. When I get to Dubai I'm going to have Orion help me figure out how much total time I traveled. (fyi, Orion's a person, not just a constellation... tho theoretically with my astronomy degree I should be able to figure this out either way).

In case you're wondering what my rough itinerary is (I'm sure that's been your primary concern for days now), here goes....
  • 5 days in Dubai
  • 5 days in Malaysia (climbing the mountain Kota Kinabalu)
  • 5 days in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ha Long Bay)
  • 5 days in Cambodia (Siem Reap / Angkor Wat)
  • 5 days in Penang
That's rough... there are a couple days lost to travel in there, and some random nights in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and Ho Chi Minh City. But otherwise that's the gist. I get back home on Friday, October 17, just in time to "recover" and spend the weekend in class for my MBA. That'll be fun!

But overall I'm really excited about this trip. I've never been to Asia before, or the Middle East. And so far I'm really enjoying it. Yeah, I've just been in the airports, but still it's been awesome. For example, the Singapore airport (Changi) has a butterfly sanctuary in Terminal 3!!! It's literally this small rainforesty biodome swarming with butterflies. I almost stepped on some! I took lots of pics and video, so at some point I'll share one or 2 on here.

Anyways, I should stop writing so I don't burn myself out on blogging when I'm only like a day into this thing. =D Hope life's good back in reality!!!

No comments: