Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fasting: Master Cleanse, Day 3

So it's Monday night (technically Tuesday morning), and I'm still alive and kicking. I've had a coated tongue all night... I mean it's so coated it's like my tongue is wearing a sweater. I've also been farting here and there... but other than that, no crazy expulsions or whatnot. Which is fine by me, though I wonder if I shouldn't have had those start yet.

I've had plenty of energy and mental acuity today, despite having had little sleep, having flown to San Diego, and having worked all day and evening. For most of the day I felt a little like I had tunnel vision or something, as if I had no peripheral vision. But I think that's more a sleep issue than anything.

Oh, I had to use lime juice instead of lemon juice, because the Ralph's in downtown San Diego only had lemon juice that was ridden with preservatives, and I couldn't actually squeeze lemons in my rental car on the way to the office. Measuring out the syrup and juice in the Ralph's parking garage into a gallon jug of spring water was weird enough on its own. But I bought several bags of lemons to squeeze myself tomorrow morning.

Oh, I'm also using Grade A dark amber maple syrup, because one of the things I read said to use "Grade B or better", and I'm assuming A>B because it costs more at the store. =P

Anyways.... so far so good. I've been experiencing crazy food cravings all day.... nachos was the most burning one. A big plate of nachos with sour cream and guac and cheese and salsa and olives.... mmmmmmmmmmmm. But I haven't actually been hungry, which is pretty crazy. Allegedly I'll lose all hunger desire by end of day tomorrow. I can't even imagine what that's like to not want to eat, oh, say, chocolate. Or Taco Bell!!

No comments: