Friday, January 05, 2007

wtf.... Tony Bennett's cooler than me and Lindsay?!

This is total crap… from an article about the first House session of the 110th Congress today (http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/01/05/pelosi/)… “Up in the gallery, the coolest man in the room, the octogenarian Tony Bennett, occupied himself throughout the proceedings by sketching the House floor with a fine black pen and a small notebook.”

Wtf!!!!! When Lindsay and I sat in on Congress in August, we were prohibited from taking writing utensils up to the gallery with us. Which really bothered me then (and now), because those people on the floor are working for me, dammit, and if I want to take notes on what's happening, who the hell are they to say they can't?? There's got to be some fundamental principle of democracy being violated with that idiotic rule, at least in spirit if not in letter.

So my question becomes, why the hell does Tony Bennett get to take writing utensils up there, and me and Lindsay don’t?!?!?! How many countries do I have to sell out a concert in before I get to break the [nonsensical] rules of the US Congress, too?

No comments: