Sunday, February 04, 2007

Master Cleanse: Coming Off the Fast

OK, so this should be a quick post. To come off the fast, you need to ease yourself back into food. If you sat down at Outback to an Awesome Blossom and a Prime Rib immediately after fasting, you'd probably die... or wish you had. Instead, you have to ease yourself back in with raw fruits and veggies, and plain rice.

So on Saturday I bought a bunch of stuff: orange juice, vegetable broth, brown rice, a broccoli/carrot/pea mix intended for stir fry. First, I did another salt flush, which although I did get some slight results, there didn't seem to be a lot that still needed clearing out. Next time I'll do one more often, and see if I can get it to come out clear. =P

Actually, I should mention that on Friday night I tried a glass of this Lemon Ginger Echinacea lemonade I'd gotten from Trader Joe's. I thought it was close enough to the lemonade to not be a problem, and I was only half right. I'd had a slight dizzy spell, and I was worried about my blood sugar. I hadn't made any lemonade and didn't really want to since I didn't expect I'd drink it all by the time I was off the fast. Anyways, it didn't sit too well with me, as it kinda shot right through me, if you know what I mean. I don't know why it did that, but lesson learned that it wasn't a good thing to inject in there.

So, to come off the fast, I started with a glass of OJ. So far so good. I then had basically 32 oz of vegetable broth, at an astounding 240 calories total. Haha. That was good, too. So I had more OJ, and then ate the bag of broccoli/carrots/peas, even using a bit of this Annie's Sesame Ginger Vinagrette. It all went fine. So I finished the OJ, and by the end had probably had 1000 calories. And I was definitely full. I'm still kind of full this morning, but I'm going to make some rice using the other box of veggie broth I bought, and have some more OJ. Coming off the fast was just really easy for me... no problems yesterday or over night. I'm going to Brook's SuperBowl party today (GO BEARS!!!), so I might even eat some nasty food there. And tomorrow I'm in training, so I may be able to eat without worrying about how my body will react as early as tomorrow. That'd be pretty sweet. But I'll stay away from alcohol for the week, just to be safe.

Good times!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're insane!!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy -- Did you do a before/after weight measure? I'm curious how much mass you lost?